MURUTHI 2



 I simply couldnt get what Rita was talking about.
Hey, I guess you dialed the wrong number Rita. This is Anne Muthoni Wangechi and I do not seem to understand what you are talking about please I responded amid mixed feelings.

Arent you the Sonie girl that I have been hearing about? Now do not pretend that you have no idea of what I am talking about. I know that you snatched my husband and here we are languishing in poverty as you enjoy the privileges that are meant for my son and I. You shall have to pay for this someday. Hatuwezi lala njaa ukijibamba na mali ya bwanangu.

My goodness, she was so bitter with me that I could almost see her clenching her biting her lower lip angrily. Thanks heaven for the distance between us. Mike was busy or pretended to be busy toying with his phone all through. I hang up confused ready to confront Mike to tell me what the drama was all about. Rita continued calling but I could not pick her calls.
I was so overcome with anger that I had no words. I tried to open my mouth and utter something but my lips only shook. My chest heaved and I felt like I would collapse the next second. What sort of betrayal was this? Did I deserve this? Maybe this was a punishment from God for not heeding to his call to pursue celibacy.

Right in front of me was Mike seated on our bed, no my bed- I had bought it. The only thing next to where I stood was an empty glass. No sooner had the glass landed on Mikes face than I found myself groaning in pain on the floor. Mike had done the unimaginable. His slap on my face however only ignited my adrenaline. I stood up fast enough to fight this lion back (Muruthi means lion in Kikuyu). I targeted to bite his ear but the lion he was got hold of me and shook me angrily threatening to kill me.

Anyway, I was bound to lose this battle. You know you cant just win a physical battle with a sober man. I calmed down and apologized for overreacting but right inside my heart burnt with bitterness and a million vengeance plans. I wished I would chop off his ears or one of his legs so that he had something to remind him of his betrayal. That would be a lesson that you do not just mess around with women from Nyeri.  As one would put it, airitu a Nyiri matihakaguo macuru.

After arguing up to midnight, we agreed that I would use the bed for the night while Mike would either spend at a friends place or on the mat since that was the only thing he owned besides his clothes. The following morning he would pack his belongings and go to wherever he wished. But before he left, we both would visit the University guidance and counseling department to be advised on what to do next since I was heavy with his child and we didnt seem to agree on what to do. Besides all that he had done, Mike had the guts to say that there was no way I was going to get rid of his child. The hatred in me however I felt could no longer allow me to continue carrying his baby.

Comments

Popular Posts